13 Types of Facebook Ad Objectives on Facebook
Did you know that there are 13 kinds of Facebook ad objectives that you can use? On top of that, there are also 3 types of ad placement where you can put your ads. If this is news to you and would like to learn more about this then we encourage you to read on; you’re definitely in the right place!
In this piece we’re going to show you how to make use of each ad objective and make good use of so called ad placement. Let’s get started!
The different types of ad objectives
Now before you setup your Facebook ad campaign, you need to make sure that you’ve determined your objectives. When running these kind of ads, you’ll naturally have different objectives in the platform. To check your objectives, all you have to do is go to your Power Editor and click create campaign and on the new window you can check out the different objectives available.
These objectives include:
- Clicks to website – you want people on Facebook to click on the ad and take them to your website
- Desktop app engagement – you want people to use your app
- Desktop app install – you want people to install your app
- Event responses – if you’re running an event; you can run an ad to get people to register for the event
- Lead Generation – collect leads on Facebook without the need for an external landing page
- Local awareness – for local businesses looking to use their Facebook ads to inform nearby users about the existence of the business and what they have to offer
- Mobile app installs/engagement – for businesses looking to promote their app on Facebook
- Offer claims – get people to claim specific offers like discount vouchers, free tickets or whatever.
- Page Likes – Run Facebook ads to get people to “like” your business page
- Page Post Engagement – A type of ad designed to get people to engage or interact with your posts. This can be in the form of a “like”, comment or a share. Keep in mind that with this ad objective, you aren’t sending people to your website but instead you are paying to get people to interact with your post as they normally would within the platform. Nevertheless, it can be a powerful ad objective; it all depends on the call to action and the corresponding offers.
- Product catalog sales – upload a catalogue of your product or service on Facebook and promote that on the social network
- Video views – upload your marketing videos on Facebook and promote that via Facebook ads
- Website conversion – similar to a “click to website” ad with the exception that you are specifically asking Facebook to direct users to sign up on a Registration or Lead Capture Form
Types of ad placement:
Now that we’ve tackled the different types of ad objectives, now is a good time to delve into the different kinds of ad placements. At this point you ought to have already specified your ad name and objective. Under “Ad Sets”, you’ll find an option to choose a placement. These options include:
- Mobile news feed -ads will be shown on phones and tablet computers. Clicking on this will automatically enable “audience network” although we recommend disabling that as we’ve found that it generally doesn’t provide a good return on investment.
- Desktop news feed- ads will be shown to desktop users as well as that in Mac and laptop computers. Under that, you’ll have an option that says “Desktop right column” which the option already suggests; instructs Facebook to display the ads on the right hand side of the news feed.
For a good idea on how these ads will look like, you can go to “Manage Ads” and check out a preview of the ad as it’ll appear on Facebook. You can also simply log on to your Facebook account and take note of the different ads that you can find on your newsfeed specifically the ones under “Sponsored Ads”.
So there you have it – the different types of ad objectives and ad placements that you can use on Facebook! Would you like to learn more? Perhaps you’ve got a few more questions about the matter? Check out https://thinkbigonline.com/ today get all the professional help you need to make good use of ad objectives and ad placements that’ll yield optimal results for your business.